WISCAT is the Wisconsin library catalog that can be browsed when the Merlin catalog doesn't have what you're looking for. Contact your librarian to request items from WISCAT.
WorldCat is a worldwide catalog of library collections that includes more than 67 million bibliographic records with items in many different formats. Patrons can access this database at any library or at home with a user-friendly search page.
Wisconsin's Digital Library offers a catalog of downloadable ebooks, videos, music and audiobooks that can be reserved and/or checked out on your library card. To get started, click on the Help link at the top of the page and then select My Help. Refer to the Digital media Guide for more information about digital resources available to you.
The following online databases provide a wealth of information in a variety of formats. Some of the databases may require a password, available at your local library, or access may be limited to in-library use.
BadgerLink* offers Wisconsin residents access to business, health, literature, magazines, auto repair, science and technology, and newspaper resources, and many are available in full-text. Magazine coverage ranges from the popular to the academic. A flyer (PDF) and other Promotional materials are available. For more information about the EBSCO databases in BadgerLink, visit the online support center. If you are unable to access any BadgerLink database, log in using the Library Card Access page. Instructional guides are available to help you explore some of the valuable BadgerLink resources.
- Auto Repair Reference Center - Repair manuals for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, with repair information for most vintage makes starting as far back as 1954.
- Consumer Health Complete - Includes more than 200 health and wellness reference books and encyclopedias, thousands of health reports, drug evaluation sheets, videos, pamphlets and other documents.
- HeritageQuest - Research ancestors and historical sources dating back to the 1700s.
- MasterFILE Premier- A general reference database with nearly 1,700 publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Accessed in BadgerLink's Database List.
- NoveList - A readers' advisory database with over 150,000 fiction titles, and over 4000 custom created articles and lists. Access Feature Articles, BookTalks, and Book Discussion Guides along with Author Read-alikes, Readers' Advisory training content and a variety of other reader materials.
- NoveList K-8 - A readers' advisory database for grades K-8 with collection of titles, BookTalks, Recommended Reads book lists and more.
- TeachingBooks.net - Thousands of resources for k-12 multimedia fiction and nonfiction reading activities for educators, librarians, students and families supporting language arts, book clubs, art educators, social studies and much more.
*BadgerLink is a project of the Department of Public Instruction's Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning for the citizens of Wisconsin. Funding is provided through the Public Service Commission Universal Service Fund.
Job & Career DatabaseJob & Career Accelerator: Explore careers, find jobs, and get help with resumes, cover letters, interviews and keep track of your job search progress. To access Job & Career Accelerator, set up an account by going to"New User Registration" at http://jca.learnatest.com/lel/ or by going to "New Users" on the LearningExpress Library home page at http://www.learnatest.com/LEL/. A Job and Career Accelerator Guide is available to help you get started.
Learning Skills Database
PLEASE NOTE! On January 3, 2014 LearningExpress Library will be moved to an upgraded platform requiring users to re-register their accounts. Work done on the current platform will not be available after January 3, 2014. Please finish all coursework before January. The new features included in the upgrade to LearningExpress 3.0 offer improved functionality and content.
Resources include health coverage resources (including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care provisions of the comprehensive health reform law) andconsumer health management topics (including disease control, conditions, wellness, and prevention.)
Workforce Development ResourcesComprehensive resources including career development skills, job search engines, occupational assessment and information, job seeking tips, and economic support.