Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
- The Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council: http://www.glitc.org/ - Support for Native Americans in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota includes expanding sovereignty and self-determination
- The Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission (GLIFWC) http://www.glifwc.org/ - Assists its member bands in implementing off-reservation treaty seasons and in the protection of treaty rights and natural resources. GLIFWC provides natural resource management expertise, conservation enforcement, legal and policy analysis, and public information services.
- NiiJii http://niijii.org/ - NiiJii is a non-profit organization empowering people to reduce poverty, build sustainable local economies and promote Native American values and culture.
- Wigamig Owners Loan Fund, Inc http://www.wigamig.org/ - An emerging Native American Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) located in Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, a non-profit organization looking to better our community by providing financial assistance to low-income households including a volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site.
Native American Literature
- American Indians in Children's Literature http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/ - Critical perspectives of indigenous peoples in children's and young adult books, the school curriculum, popular culture, and society.
- Native American Authors http://www.ipl.org/div/natam/ - The Internet Public Library provides information on Native North American authors with bibliographies of their published works, biographical information, and links to online resources including interviews, online texts and tribal websites.
- Native American Library Association ailanet.org - Developes programs to improve Indian library, cultural, and informational services in school, public, and research libraries on reservations. AILA is also committed to disseminating information about Indian cultures, languages, values, and information needs to the library community.
- Oyate: Review of Native American books for children http://www.oyate.org/ - A Native organization dedicated to the honest portrayal of lives and histories of Native People offering books and curricula with Indian themes and conducting workshops and institutes on “Teaching Respect for Native Peoples.”
Native American Studies
- The American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) Virtual Library http://www.aihecvl.org/ - A collection of resources by for and about Native Americans available online, selected and reviewed by Tribal College librarians.
- American Indian/Indigenous Education http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jar/AIE/index.html - designed to provide information, including links to related web sites, on the history and current thinking about American Indian and Indigenous education. It includes information on how Indigenous students were taught English and on bilingual/bicultural education. In addition, there is material on teaching reading, math/science, curriculum development, and American Indian dropouts. Links are also provided to information on community-controlled schools, gifted and talented education, learningstyles, and Indian children's books.
- American Indian Language and Culture Education http://dpi.wi.gov/amind/ai-lce.html - Any School enrolling American Indian students may choose to establish an American Indian Language and Culture Education (AILCE) Program designed to make the curriculum more relevant to the needs, interests, and cultural heritage of American Indian students. Components may include instruction in language, literature, history, and culture; staff training; and vocational education.
- American Indian Studies Program http://dpi.wi.gov/amind/index.html - The American Indian Studies Program of the Department of Public Instruction assists with the implementation of the curricular requirements in the areas of American Indian history, culture, and tribal sovereignty. The program is also responsible for American Indian Language and Culture Education.
- Index of Native American Resources on the Internet http://www.hanksville.org/NAresources/ - An index of several thousand organized links to Native American and related websites, for both academic research and personal uses.
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe Community College http://www.lco.edu/ - A non-profit Ojibwe tribal community college offering appropriate curriculum leading to Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, one-year certificates, specialized certificates and programs of cultural enrichment. The curriculum reflects the Ojibwe culture and tribal self-determination and the college will provide opportunities for individual self-improvement in a rapidly changing technological world, while maintaining the cultural integrity of the Ojibwe. Lac Courtes Oreilles Community College Library and Cultural Center: http://www.lco.edu/dept/libcul
- The Ojibwe People's Dictionary: http://ojibwe.lib.umn.edu/- A searchable, talking Ojibwe-English dictionary that features the voices of Ojibwe speakers. It is also a gateway into the Ojibwe collections at the Minnesota Historical Society.
News and Information
- American Indian Library Association http://www.ailanet.org/ - The American Indian Library Association, an affiliate of the American Library Association, is a membership action group that addresses the library-related needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- National Indian Law Library News [BLOG] http://nilllibrary.blogspot.com/ - Legal news and updates from the National Indian Law Library
- National Native News http://nativenews.net/ - Provides public radio listeners with a regular, timely and balanced source of news about Native issues.
- WebJunction: Tribal & First Nation Communities http://www.webjunction.org/tribal-and-first-nations/-/resources/overview - WebJunction offers an online community space where people can exchange information, collaborate, share ideas, ask questions, and get inspired to reach local Native American communities.